March 12, 2018
Building a successful contact center requires looking at a variety of factors covering both organizational and technology strategy to determine which approaches correlate with success and which do not. To provide insight into the characteristics of a successful strategy, Nemertes’ 2017-18 Contact Center and Customer Engagement Benchmark correlated adoption of various approaches with success. We discovered that the following are characteristics of successful contact center:
- IT leads contact center platform operational management
- Use of in-house agents versus Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and support for at-home agent programs, especially those that rely on softphones for voice communications and that conduct pre-deployment voice quality testing
- Integration of CRM platforms in the contact center
- Integration of contact center and unified communications
- Use of team collaboration applications for agent-supervisor, back-office, and customer engagement
- Integration of emerging technologies including Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), and chat bots into the contact center.
This report examines how organizations measure and rate success, and why the above factors correlate with successful contact center implementations.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- How successful are today’s contact centers?
- How do organizations measure success?
- Building a Successful Contact Center
- Contact Center Platform Management
- Agent Strategies
- CRM In the Contact Center
- Contact Center and Unified Communications Integration
- Team Chat
- Emerging Technologies
You are currently viewing a Preview of this Content. Clients of this research can view the full content by logging in. Non-clients can view selected content by registering. To be able to view content based on your permissions, please login or register here[sg_popup id=1]