February 19, 2019
As companies evaluate their Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) strategies, many are moving toward cloud-based services, according to the Nemertes Research 2018- 19 Unified Communications and Collaboration research study of 653 IT leaders. Only 33% of the research participants are fully on-premises with their UCC solutions today; the rest are either all cloud (29%) or hybrid cloud/on-premises (38%).
The key driver for cloud UCC is improved agility for IT, followed by a reduction in capital costs and perceived overall cost savings. To truly achieve those benefits, IT leaders must evaluate UCC management tools. By leveraging specialty management providers, organizations have documented UCC operational cost reduction, as well as increased employee productivity and better IT agility.
But the reality is that many companies have a mixture of UCC providers and architectures, so selecting management providers becomes more complex. Does it make sense to use multiple management tools—one for each UCC provider? To cover cloud and on-premises services, do organizations have to buy tools for each architecture?
In this report, we focus on UCC administration management tools. Specifically, we evaluate the operational cost savings and other benefits associated with the tools. In addition, we show the Nemertes Business Value Matrix for UCC administration management. The matrix plots UC administration management providers, based on their average customer ratings and UCC operational costs. According to the matrix, Kurmi Software has the lowest overall UCC operational cost and the highest overall customer ratings.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Architecture: Movement Toward Cloud Underway
- Why Organizations Move to Cloud UCC
- Cloud vs. On Premises Management
- Types of Management Tools
- Device Management Tools
- Platform Management Tools (On-Premises or Cloud)
- Administrative Management Tools
- Performance Management Tools
- Administration Tool Adoption
- Benefits to Justify Management Investment
- Save UCC Operational Costs
- Improve Customer Experience
- Enhance UCC Performance
- Differentiate Competitively
- Business Value Matrix
- User Sentiment Components
- Conclusion and Recommendations