January 22, 2019
End-user organizations are engaging in digital transformation initiatives designed to improve internal workflows and collaboration, as well as deliver new digital customer engagement experiences. To meet the need of rapidly developing new capabilities, they are increasingly turning toward cloud providers, and are looking for solutions that both provide off-the-shelf functionality and the ability to integrate communications features into existing internal and customer-facing platforms.
To meet this need, communications service providers must rapidly evolve their own offerings, delivering both packaged unified communications and customer engagement platforms, as well as customizable solutions that enable their customers to meet business needs. In developing these capabilities, service providers should look to partner with Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) providers who provide global reach, high availability, and a broad and growing set of features that customers can use to achieve success in their digital transformation and customer experience initiatives.
Service providers should:
- Develop and deliver API-based offerings, and leverage existing offerings to improve the speed of delivery of services, and the available features to meet customer digital transformation needs.
- Evaluate a broad set of CPaaS partners that can give you what you need today, and grow with you over time, paying specific attention to their breadth, experience, and ability to rapidly deliver new features using agile, software-based, platforms.
- Strive to understand customer digital transformation needs and meet them with a mix of collaboration and customer engagement capabilities that integrate with existing applications.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- The Customer Perspective: Driving Toward the Cloud
- The Role of Communications in Digital Transformation
- Components of Digital Transformation
- Meeting Customer Communications Demand
- Selecting the Best Provider