March 12, 2018
IP Telephony, Cloud, videoconferencing, UCaaS, DN6642, Microservices, Communications, APIs
The communications and collaboration market is going through a revolutionary transformation. As buyers shift to the cloud, they increasingly demand improved collaboration capabilities that enable voice, video, team messaging, both in integrated apps as well as embedded into their business applications and workflows. At the same time, they face continued pressure to minimize costs and maximize reliability and performance.
Unfortunately many UCaaS providers are wedded to platforms that are costly to operate, slow to evolve, and lack packaged integrations and consumable APIs to enable customized application and workflow integrations. As such, they are unable to rapidly react to changing market demand and opportunities.
UCaaS providers have a unique opportunity to capitalize on growing demand for cloud-based services that improve business agility, reduce costs, and enable improved ease of use by integrating currently disparate collaboration applications.
To achieve market success, UCaaS providers should invest in an application delivery platform that:
- Provides for open APIs to enable integration of communications capabilities into business applications and workflows;
- Integrates collaboration applications like telephony, messaging, and conferencing into a unified user interface equally accessible on desktop and mobile devices;
- Enables customers to minimize operating expenses by delivering a low-cost service;
- Supports a virtualized microservices architecture that provides for rapid scalability and feature delivery;
- Provides a vehicle for leveraging emerging technologies like AI to deliver value-added services to differentiate versus competitors, and potentially increase average revenue per subscriber;
- Ensures security and performance management capabilities that reduce total cost of operation and enable rapid response to service quality issues while meeting increasing need for secure communications services.
Table of Contents
- TABLE OF FIGURES
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- THE ISSUE
- THE EVOLVING UC BUYER
- ACHIEVING AN INTEGRATED EXPERIENCE
- ENABLING VIDEO COLLABORATION
- MINIMIZING CUSTOMER TCO
- EMBRACING AGILITY
- DELIVERING RELIABILITY AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS