Nemertes Annual UCC Total Cost of Operations – Financial ServicesPublished on: May 16, 2017
Author: Robin Gareiss, President & Founder
Nemertes annual study combines data from real-world interviews and surveys of IT leaders from a range of industries, with deep analysis on their costs for IP telephony, Unified Communications and Collaboration, and IPT/UC management. The study includes data from more than 700 organizations, and costs are segmented by vendor, service provider, and size. This repository covers the financial services industry, analyzing their spending, architecture, drivers, vendors, and more.
- Which UCC architectures are winning?
- How much TDM is still deployed?
- Most are operating 2-4 UCC apps. Which ones are most common?
- Maturity Model:
- How mature are UCC deployments overall? How does financial-services differ?
- What are successful companies doing, where are they spending, and what architectures are resonating most?
- Successful companies spend more on capital and implementation, but save on operational costs. Why?
- Business Case Checklist
- What are they key best practices toward building a UCC business case?
- Which cost metrics must be included?
- UCC Cost Summaries
- UCC first-year, per-endpoint costs range from $454 to $2,581. What factors determine true costs for each company?
- Financial services generally spends slightly more on UCC. What areas of spending drive that?
- Which vendors are most expensive, and least expensive–whether cloud, on-prem, hosted, or hybrid architectures?
- UCC Value Matrices
- How do IT leaders rate their providers’ performance?
- What do they spend per provider?
- How do the two metrics intersect, highlighting providers with top ratings and lowest cost?
- Cloud Trends
- Cloud is not reducing costs for most companies–and financial-services firms lead other industries at recognizing this. Find out which companies see savings, how much, and with what services.
- Companies actually increase the number of full-time equivalents managing UCC when moving to the cloud. Find out why.
- What factors are driving organizations toward–and away from–cloud?
- Management and Monitoring
- Learn what types of management tools are available, what issues they address, and how IT leaders are using them.
- See the data that validates UCC operational costs drop when organizations use UCC specialty management tools for performance and operations management.
- Learn which management providers receive the highest ratings from their providers, and also affect UCC operational costs the most.
- Softphones are increasing, driving more focus on headsets. What are companies spending to acquire and manage headsets–and who’s making the buy?
- Which headset providers get the best ratings, and have the lowest costs?
- How does mobility affect buyer decisions
- Team Collaboration
- To what extent are companies overall and within financial services using Team Collaboration?
- Who do they use, and what are they spending?
- How do Team Collaboration providers rate among their customer base?
- SBCs and SIP Trunking
- What are the latest adoption trends?
- What are the costs among top SBC providers, and what do companies really save with SIP trunking?
- What is inhibiting companies from using SBCs?
You are currently viewing a preview of this content. Nemertes Clients, please log in for full access to all research content. If you are not a client, please click below to purchase access to this research report. We also invite you to become a client.CLIENT LOGIN BECOME A CLIENT