Nemertes Annual UCC Total Cost of Operations
Author: Robin Gareiss, President & Founder
Nemertes annual study combines data from real-world interviews and surveys of IT leaders, with deep analysis on their costs for IP telephony, Unified Communications and Collaboration, and IPT/UC management. The study includes data from more than 700 organizations, and costs are segmented by vendor, service provider, and size. The research includes data for both on-premises and cloud deployments and provides breakdowns on operational and capital costs for leading IPT and UC providers as well as impact on costs from proactive management strategies.
- Which UCC architectures are winning?
- How much TDM is still deployed?
- Most are operating 2-4 UCC apps. Which ones are most common?
- Maturity Model:
- How mature are UCC deployments overall?
- What are successful companies doing, where are they spending, and what architectures are resonating most?
- Successful companies spend more on capital and implementation, but save on operational costs. Why?
- Business Case Checklist
- What are they key best practices toward building a UCC business case?
- Which cost metrics must be included?
- UCC Cost Summaries
- UCC first-year, per-endpoint costs range from $454 to $2,581. What factors determine true costs for each company?
- Which vendors are most expensive, and least expensive–whether cloud, on-prem, hosted, or hybrid architectures?
- UCC Value Matrices
- How do IT leaders rate their providers’ performance?
- What do they spend per provider?
- How do the two metrics intersect, highlighting providers with top ratings and lowest cost?
- Cloud Trends
- Cloud is not reducing costs for most companies. Find out which companies see savings, how much, and with what services.
- Companies actually increase the number of full-time equivalents managing UCC when moving to the cloud. Find out why.
- What factors are driving organizations toward–and away from–cloud?
- Management and Monitoring
- Learn what types of management tools are available, what issues they address, and how IT leaders are using them.
- See the data that validates UCC operational costs drop when organizations use UCC specialty management tools for performance and operations management.
- Learn which management providers receive the highest ratings from their providers, and also affect UCC operational costs the most.
- Softphones are increasing, driving more focus on headsets. What are companies spending to acquire and manage headsets–and who’s making the buy?
- Which headset providers get the best ratings, and have the lowest costs?
- How does mobility affect buyer decisions
- Team Collaboration
- To what extent are companies using Team Collaboration?
- Who do they use, and what are they spending?
- How do Team Collaboration providers rate among their customer base?
- SBCs and SIP Trunking
- What are the latest adoption trends?
- What are the costs among top SBC providers, and what do companies really save with SIP trunking?
- What is inhibiting companies from using SBCs?
You are currently viewing a preview of this content. Nemertes Clients, please log in for full access to all research content. If you are not a client, please click below to purchase access to this research report. We also invite you to become a client.CLIENT LOGIN BECOME A CLIENT