Johna Till Johnson
Research Leader: Internet of Things (IoT); Cybersecurity and Risk Management
Primary Focus Areas: Cybersecurity, Enterprise technology, IT organizational and operations strategy, Innovation
Other Areas of Expertise: Strategic sourcing, Testing methodology and design, Procurement and contract negotiations, RFP development, and analysis.
Her recent work includes:
- Developing a next-generation network strategy for a Fortune-50 organization
- Architecting the data-center strategy and roadmap for a leading financial-services firm
- Developing a global WAN strategy for a pharmaceutical company
- Optimizing operations for a Global-2000 media firm
- Researching and writing a groundbreaking report correctly predicting today's Internet challenges
A widely regarded expert, Johna regularly speaks at numerous trade shows, conferences, and seminars, including Navigator360, IDG’s IT Roadmap, and Interop. She also writes an incisive column in Network World.
Johna draws upon diverse experience prior to founding Nemertes in 2002. She served as chief technology officer (CTO) at Greenwich Technology Partners, an infrastructure consulting and engineering firm; headed the Global Networking Strategies Service business unit of META Group; and oversaw the lab-testing program at Data Communications magazine. She also has designed and developed security, speech-synthesis, and free-space laser products at companies including Mosler Security Systems and Digitus Corp.
Johna holds a bachelor of science degree in electrical engineering/computer science (BSEE/CS) from The Johns Hopkins University, has conducted graduate work in nuclear and particle physics at the University of Rochester, speaks three languages, and has published a science fiction novel. In her spare time, Johna is an avid urban kayaker.